Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu
Terms & Conditions
- ACCEPTANCE OF ORDER; TERMINATION?– Acceptance of any order is subject to credit approval and acceptance of order by Graybar Electric Company, Inc. (“Graybar”) and, when applicable, Graybar’s suppliers. If credit of the buyer of the goods or services (“Buyer”) becomes unsatisfactory to Graybar, Graybar reserves the right to terminate upon notice to Buyer and without liability to Graybar.
- PRICES AND SHIPMENTS?– Unless otherwise quoted, prices for goods shall be those in effect at time of shipment, which shall be made F.O.B. shipping point, prepaid and bill. Unless otherwise indicated in the applicable quotation or statement of work, prices for services shall be those in effect at the time of completion. The contract price for goods and or services shall be increased by the amount of any applicable tariff, excise, fee, assessment, levy, charge or duty of any kind whatsoever, imposed, assessed or collected by any?governmental body, whether or not reflected in the costs charged to Graybar, and Graybar may increase its cost for goods and or services appropriately to take into account such increases in Graybar’s costs.
- RETURN OF GOODS?– Credit may be allowed for goods returned with prior approval. A deduction may be made from credits issued to cover cost of handling.? Returns will not be accepted for services or any material which has been modified at the request of or by Buyer.? In addition, no custom orders may be returned.
- TAXES?– Prices shown do not include sales or other taxes imposed on the sale of goods or services. Taxes now or hereafter imposed upon sales, shipments or services will be added to the purchase price. Buyer agrees to reimburse Graybar for any such tax or provide Graybar with acceptable tax exemption certificate.
- DELAY IN DELIVERY?– Graybar is not to be accountable for delays in delivery?occasioned by acts of God, failure of its suppliers to ship or deliver on time, or other circumstances beyond Graybar’s reasonable control, including, but not limited to, sourcing, shipment or delivery issues caused by, related to, or resulting from COVID-19 or other similar national or global health situations.?Factory shipment or delivery dates are the best estimates of our suppliers, and in no case shall Graybar be liable for any consequential or special damages arising from any delay in shipment or delivery.
- LIMITED WARRANTIES?– Graybar warrants that all goods sold are free of any security interest and will make available to Buyer all transferable warranties (including without limitation warranties with respect to intellectual property infringement) made to Graybar by the manufacturer of the goods. Buyer acknowledges that the performance of any service which alters the manufacturer provided goods as indicated in the statement of work may void the manufacturer’s warranty. Graybar shall use the same care and skill a similarly situated provider of like services would exercise following commonly accepted industry practices in the performance of its duties under this agreement. GRAYBAR MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BY AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF GRAYBAR, PRODUCTS SOLD HEREUNDER ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN OR IN CONNECTION WITH (1) ANY SAFETY APPLICATION OR THE CONTAINMENT AREA OF A NUCLEAR FACILITY, OR (2) IN A HEALTHCARE APPLICATION, WHERE THE GOODS HAVE POTENTIAL FOR DIRECT PATIENT CONTACT OR WHERE A SIX (6) FOOT CLEARANCE FROM A PATIENT CANNOT BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY?– Buyer's remedies under this agreement are subject to any limitations contained in manufacturer's terms and conditions to Graybar, a copy of which will be furnished upon written request. Furthermore, Graybar's liability shall be limited to either repair or replacement of the goods, re-performance of the services, or refund of the purchase price, all at Graybar's option, and IN NO CASE SHALL GRAYBAR BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. In addition, claims for shortages, other than loss in transit, must be made in writing not more than five (5) days after receipt of shipment. Unless otherwise agreed in the applicable statement of work, acceptance of services will occur not more than five (5) days after completion of performance.
- WAIVER?– The failure of Graybar to insist upon the performance of any of the terms or conditions of this agreement or to exercise any right hereunder shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such terms, conditions, or rights in the future, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any other term, condition, or right under this agreement.
- MODIFICATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS?– These terms and conditions, and any associated statement of work, supersede all other communications, negotiations, and prior oral or written statements regarding the subject matter of these terms and conditions. No change, modification, rescission, discharge, abandonment, or waiver of these terms and conditions shall be binding upon Graybar unless made in writing and signed on its behalf by a duly authorized representative of Graybar. No conditions, usage of trade, course of dealing or performance, understanding or agreement, purporting to modify, vary, explain, or supplement these terms and conditions shall be binding unless hereafter made in writing and signed by the party to be bound. Any proposed modifications or additional terms are specifically rejected and deemed a material alteration hereof. If this document shall be deemed an acceptance of a prior offer by Buyer, such acceptance is expressly conditional upon Buyer’s assent to any additional or different terms set forth herein.
- REELS?– When Graybar ships returnable reels, a reel deposit may be included in the invoice. The Buyer should contact the nearest Graybar service location to return reels.
- CERTIFICATION?– Graybar hereby certifies that these goods were produced in compliance with all applicable requirements of Sections 6, 7, and 12 of the Fair Labor Standards Act, as amended, and of regulations and orders of the United States Department of Labor issued under Section 14 thereof. This agreement is subject to Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended,?E.O. 13496, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, and the corresponding regulations, to the extent required by law. 41 CFR 60-1.4, 60-741.5, and 60-250.5 are incorporated herein by reference, to the extent legally required.
- FOREIGN CORRUPT PRACTICES ACT?– Buyer shall comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to anti-corruption, including, without limitation, (i) the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) (15 U.S.C. §§78dd-1, et. seq.) irrespective of the place of performance, and (ii) laws and regulations implementing the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions, the U.N. Convention Against Corruption, and the Inter-American Convention Against Corruption in Buyer’s country or any country where performance of this agreement or delivery of goods will occur.
- ASSIGNMENT?– Buyer shall not assign its rights or delegate its duties hereunder or any interest herein without the prior written consent of Graybar, and any such assignment, without such consent, shall be void.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS?– All typographical or clerical errors made by Graybar in any quotation, acknowledgment or publication are subject to correction. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri applicable to contracts to be formed and fully performed within the State of Missouri, without giving effect to the choice or conflicts of law provisions thereof. All suits arising from or concerning this agreement shall be filed in the Circuit Court of St. Louis County, Missouri, or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, and no other place unless otherwise determined in Graybar’s sole discretion. Buyer hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of such court or courts and agrees to appear in any such action upon written notice thereof.
- PAYMENT TERMS?– Payment terms shall be as stated on Graybar’s invoice or as otherwise mutually agreed. As a condition of the sales agreement, a monthly service charge of the lesser of 1-1/2% or the maximum permitted by law may be added to all accounts not paid by net due date. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards are accepted at point of purchase only.
- EXPORTING?– Buyer acknowledges that this order and the performance thereof are subject to compliance with any and all applicable United States laws, regulations, or orders. Buyer agrees to comply with all such laws, regulations, and orders, including, if applicable, all requirements of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Act, as may be amended. Buyer further agrees that if the export laws are applicable, it will not disclose or re-export any technical data received under this order to any countries for which the United States government requires an export license or other supporting documentation at the time of export or transfer, unless Buyer has obtained prior written authorization from the United States Office of Export Control or other authority responsible for such matters.
- CANCELLATION; CHANGES FOR SERVICES– Buyer may cancel or make changes to a statement of work up to five (5) business days prior to commencement of the work. All changes and cancellations after such date are subject to Graybar’s prior written approval in Graybar’s sole and absolute discretion. Buyer shall pay to Graybar amounts necessary to cover cancellation, restocking fees and other charges applicable to the cancelled goods or services including those incurred or committed to by Graybar.